St. Dorotheus of Gaza, Presbyter, St. Sanctinus martyr, June 5

St. Dorotheus of Gaza, Presbyter, (like a bishop) lived in a cave, doing penance. My ministry was to other monks and priests. The granddaughter of the Spaniard, St. Melania the Great, Melania the younger once gave me five hundred solidi. I shared the funds with the other brothers. I kept three solidi. The rest I gave to another anchorite, Diocles, to distribute to those needy. Feastday June 5


St. Sanctinus.  Also known as Sancho, a martyr. He was born in Albi, France, but was captured as a child by the Moors and sold into slavery at Cordoba, Spain. Raised and educated at the court of the emir of Cordoba, he served in the palace guard until tortured and executed for professing the Christian faith and refusing to embrace Islam. 851 A.D. Feastday June 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog